At Boiling Point, we are fully committed to protecting the privacy, security, and personal data of our customers and site visitors. Personal data refers to any information relating to you that can identify you directly or indirectly, such as a name, email address, location data, or an online identifier.
What data do we collect?
Boiling Point collects the following data:
- Customer name.
- Customer billing address.
- Customer delivery address.
- Customer email address.
- Payment card details (encrypted).This is not stored and is collected only for payment processing.
- Phone number.
- Purchase history.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Boiling Point with most of the data we collect. Date is collected and processed when you:
- Place an order for any of our products.
- Voluntarily opt into the Boiling Point Mailing list.
- Join the Boiling Point app.
- Use or view our website (via your browser’s cookies).
How will we use your data?
In addition to the foregoing, we may use such information to:
- Help establish and verify the identity of users.
- Create, maintain, administer, and service users' accounts.
- Deliver products and provide services and support to users.
- Process authorized transactions and communicate with you about these transactions.
- Analyze the use of and improve our Website.
- Provide users with product or service updates and other important notices.
- Respond to your questions, inquiries, comments, and instructions.
- Maintain, evaluate, and improve the security and integrity of our systems, including detection of potential fraud.
- Communicate with you about promotions you may enter on our websites.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications.
- Send you information about our products, special offers and promotions, if you request such information.
- Obtain professional advice regarding our obligations or rights.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal data here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal data here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. Click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout if you wish to opt out of Google Analytics.
How do we store your data?
Any personal data stored within the Boiling Point IT infrastructure is only accessible via the firewall protected server by our authorized suppliers, employees, and contractors.
Boiling Point will only retain your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill its purposes, including for purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The criteria that Boiling Point uses to determine retention periods is determined by the nature of the data and the purpose for which is it kept, the sensitivity of the data, and the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure.
We can send you information about products and services that we think you might like. You can do this by signing up for the Boiling Point Newsletter. In addition to your name and email address, we will also collect your date of birth and country in order to tailor our communications to you. Note that you may opt out of our Newsletter at any time.
What are your data protection rights?
We want to ensure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every customer, Mailing list member, and site visitor is entitled to the following rights:
Right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data that we have collected. Note that a small fee may be charged for this service.
Right to rectification – You have the right to request that Boiling Point correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
Right to erasure – You have the right to request that Boiling Point erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
Right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Boiling Point restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Boiling Point’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Right to data portability – You have the right to request that Boiling Point transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise any of these rights. We will typically respond within one month of your request.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years or older.
By visiting the Boiling Point Online Store, you are consenting to use of our cookies.